Do you love to write copy that sings, inspires, and tells a story? Are you a pro at writing headlines, tweets, or web content that catches a reader’s attention and packs a punch? Do you excel at thinking outside the box to create impactful marketing materials? Are you looking for a role at a mission-driven organization, focused on collaborating with entrepreneurs who are working to achieve Health Moonshots? If you answered YES to these questions, we want to meet you!
StartUp Health is hiring an imaginative and skilled marketing copywriter to join our team. This person will write compelling, clear, and strategic content across a variety of mediums, including coaching curriculum and company messaging, while maintaining (and shaping) StartUp’s Health voice. This is a unique opportunity for your work and your impact to be professionally and personally rewarding, contributing greatly to our mission to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. This new role reports to our Media Director and is a remote work opportunity (candidates do not need to be based in NYC to apply). Please include a link to writing samples in your application.
- Create copy for email campaigns, website, social media and other types of web and presentation-based content
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to develop program-specific messaging, value props, and benefit-driven copy
- Define and maintain a consistent, engaging voice across all media properties, as well as making sure content is accurate and appropriate
- Write all content in alignment with brand guidelines, positioning, and editorial style guide
- Keep all style guides, statistics and reference documents up to date, for use by broader team
- Pitch in on additional media needs and projects
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years professional writing experience, preferably at a marketing agency or creative shop.
- Exceptional writing skills and strong editorial judgment; can rapidly absorb ideas and distill them into accessible copy for diverse audiences.
- A willingness to gain a deep understanding of the StartUp Health brand and adopt its voice; the ability to switch vocabulary, tone and style depending on the audience
- Receptive to having work edited by peers; enthusiastically receives and acts on feedback
- Experience using data and engagement analytics tools to report on and learn from content performance and audience growth. Familiarity with SEO strategies best practices.
- Flexibility to jump between different projects while delivering high quality results, often on tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial-minded and comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment with a “make stuff happen” mentality
- Adept at working remotely and thrives in a results only working environment (ROWE)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based platforms including Slack, Google for Business, Dropbox
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by investing in a global army of coachable entrepreneurs who are committed to achieving health moonshots. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (245+ companies spanning six continents, 20 countries, and 70+ cities), StartUp Health is mobilizing this rapidly growing army along with the world’s ‘batteries included’ leaders, innovators, and investors to achieve 10 Health Moonshots, with a 25-year mission to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. Founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes, StartUp Health is chaired by former Time Warner CEO Jerry Levin. Notable strategic partners and investors include Allianz, Aurora Health Care, Bayer, California Health Care Foundation, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, GuideWell, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Masimo, Ping An, SAP, and SeventySix Capital.
Mindset of a StartUp Health Team Member:
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and committed long-term to our mission
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded team members
- Quarterly & Weekly Rhythm - you recalibrate every 90 days and start each week with a sense of purpose
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence regardless of the obstacles
- Self-Aware - you are coachable, aware of your unique abilities, and leverage the unique abilities of colleagues
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, have a clear mind and body, and regularly practice gratitude
- Value Creator - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you always provide energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy